Friday, November 7, 2008

Sticks and Stars

The weather has been SOOO nice this week. (For those not in the area - we are not shocked by snow at any point in the year). The kids have had a great time playing in the leaves - which they pretend is water - and take turns "rescuing" each other from the perils of drowning in the lawn.

My little man and I went for a walk yesterday before lunch. He kept picking up the sticks that had fallen with the leaves and handing them to me to hold for him. My mind thought of the cute stars I have seen made of bundles of twigs tied together. These were a little bigger, which made me wonder if I could make them into a star shaped wreath for the front door. As I was contemplating the best way to tie them together, I looked down at my crafty little guy, who had a much bigger plan for his sticks:


Leaf poker. Who needs stars anyway?

No comments: