Monday, October 13, 2008

October Showers Bring...


Kittens apparently!



I caught a flash of this tiny little lady as I pulled out of my driveway last Wednesday morning. Just a quick blur of orange fur. She was hanging out by my front porch when we got home. And hiding under my car when we went to leave a few hours later. That was the moment I was smitten. By the time I got home with my wonderful sister-in-law's kitty house (as my Troops have named the carrier), the poor baby was soaked from the rain & looking completely pathetic huddled under a bush.

So, I introduce you all to the newest addition to our family. This is Squeek, named by the Troops for her tiny little meow. She weighed all of 1.1 pounds when we took her to the vet the day after we found her. Squeek is tough - she seems to handle being told "Kitty, Get it!" when my 2 year old decides it is time to play with her. And she has yet to get really upset when my 5 year old gets so excited she can't keep her hands off of her. She will fit right in!

Yay for October showers!

PS - sorry for the not so great photo - camera phone!

No comments: